The Year In Review
Taking a look back at the past year has been exciting for me. Why? Because I have been working my ass off to be a better person…a better person to my wife, my family, my friends and ultimately to myself. My Journey To 4.0 is coming to a close…May 6th is just weeks away.
Where Shall I Start?
Let’s start with what I have learned about my personal life. I am a LUCKY GUY! Here’s 5 things that sum it up for me.
- I have the greatest wife in the world. I truly don’t deserve someone so wonderful, but I can honestly say she makes me better at everything.
- I have the greatest family in the world. Good luck trying to top my family…seriously. THE BEST.
- I have the greatest friends in the world. I am surrounded by so many talented, caring and beautiful people.
- I have everything I will ever need. All of the wealth in the world could not give me more.
- I would be crippled without 3 of the above. I do not exist without my wife, my family and my friends…I can do without my material things!
Where Shall I Continue?
Let’s look at my professional life. After scrutiny, here are 5 things I learned about myself when it comes to my career.
- I am very competitive. Although I assumed this, it wasn’t made clear to me just how competitive until I assessed my professional habits. Whoa…whether this is a good or a bad thing remains to be seen.
- I am loyal to my job. I can say whatever I want about my career, but the moment you say anything bad about my company or my team…I go into proud papa mode. I will defend them until they don’t exist anymore.
- I have a “I Like To Work” problem. If I am not working on something productive…I get uncomfortable! This, I have deduced, is a problem. I need to learn how and when to shut it off.
- I needed to calm down as a boss. Not everyone wants to work all the time like myself and that is a good thing. So, I re-adjusted my outlook on management and am very happy to say that I am already seeing better results from our team.
- I LOVE WHAT I DO! It is not a job to me.
Let’s look at my health. I have never felt better. Here are 5 assessments of my health!
- I am eating better…AND LESS. This is a simple path that has helped me maintain a healthy weight. It really is that simple.
- I am working out 6 days a week. Although it sounded difficult at first, I managed to make it happen for the past year due to the fact that I have made it a part of my daily chores. I go to work for 12 1/2 hours every day…30 minutes of which is spent in our home gym working out. If I try to make an excuse to not work out, I change into my workout clothes anyway. Then I feel compelled to work out. It really is that simple.
- I am not neglecting myself of the little pleasures. I have an occasional drink, an occasional sweet treat and an occasional culinary delight…but that is limited to about once a week. No sodas, limited amounts of sugar, the rare fried food item, hardly any red meat and alcohol in small amounts has helped me become the healthiest I have ever been. Even with 20+ years of high level athletics under my belt. It really is that simple.
- My mental health is better. Stress has been a major part of my life since I started my career. At times it has almost sent me over the edge. But not any more. I am controlling every part of my health and this has been what I consider to be one of my finest achievements over the past year. Emotional control and stability. Can I get stronger mentally? Yep, and I will continue to strengthen my mind through practice, study and evaluation.
- I am not stopping at 40. Although my journey was based on the new me or 4.0 (four point oh), I have found that I want to continue this new lifestyle. I want to set new goals and achieve more in all areas of my life, mainly my health.
Please understand why I have taken this journey. Although it is an assessment of a BETTER ME, as narcissistic as that may sound, I ultimately want it to translate into a BETTER YOU. If I can do it, I SURE KNOW YOU CAN DO IT.
Join me and start taking your own Journey. Ask me how and I will help.